The Los Angeles County Superior Court makes the following rule changes effective July 1, 2009:
- Chapter One: Rules 1.3, Election of President, Assistant Presiding Judge, and 1.5, Executive Committee
- Chapter Two: Rule 2.5, Assignment to Central District Departments
- Chapter Four: Rule 4.2, Court Reporting in Civil Case, & Appendix A, Chart of Reporter Assigned and Unassigned (Both New)
- Chapter Seven: Rule 7.3 C, Assignment of I/C Cases, Notice of Case Assignment
- hapter Nine: Rule 9.9, Time of Ex Parte Hearings
- Chapter Twelve, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Entirely rewritten. New Rules 12.0 to 12.59, and its Appendices A-1, A-2, A-3, A-4, B-1 and B-2.
- Index (Revised for 7,1,09).
Of interest to the civil litigator are the changes to Rules 2.5, 7.3 and 9.9.
The changes to Rule 2.5 were minor changes to subsection (d), Supplemental Proceedings.
The changes to Rule 7.3 involved subsection (k), Complex Litigation, and changed the designation of the person reviewing complex cases from “Managing Judge of the Complex Litigation Program” to “Assistant Supervising Judge, Complex Litigation Courts.”
The changes to Rule 9.9 added the following sentence: “In limited unlawful detainers in Departments 94 and 97, all ex parte matters must be filed in Room 102 by 1:00 p.m. for a hearing at 1:30 p.m. the same day.”
For help drafting, filing and serving litigation documents, including statewide and local rules of civil procedure updated in real time, please visit SmartRules. SmartRules coverage of the Los Angeles County Superior Court will help you comply with all applicable statutes and rules.