This guide gives an introduction to Requests for Production in the New York Supreme Courts.
For more detailed information, including all applicable local rules, on requests for production in a specific New York Supreme Court, please see the SmartRules New York Supreme Court Requests for Production Guide for the court where your action is pending.
Timing requirements for requests for production in New York Supreme Courts are very specific and include notice requirements, time for compliance, time for objections, delivery methods that extend the response period.
Request for Production Rules
SmartRules Request for Production guides cover the following requirements and more:
- Accelerated Adjudication in the Commercial Division
- Meet and Confer Requirements
- Discovery of ESI from Nonparties
- Scope of Discovery Permitted
- Contents of the Request
- Subpoena Duces Tecum Requirements
- Documents Withheld
- Motion to Compel Production
- Motion for Sanctions
- Commercial Division Responses and Objections
- Actions Subject to Electronic Filing
- Traditional Filing Rules
- Documents Produced as Kept
- Categorical Approach Preferred
- When Copies are Acceptable
- Production Expenses
- Limitations on Depositions in the Commercial Division
For full treatment and continuously updated authorities and citations, see SmartRules guides. We do the work, so you don’t have to.