This introduction gives a broad overview of Deposition Notices in Illinois Circuit Courts.
For fully detailed treatment on noticing a deposition in a specific Illinois Circuit Court, please see the SmartRules Illinois Circuit Court Notice of Deposition guides for the court where your action is pending.
Timing requirements are very specific including requirements for evidence and discovery depositions within twenty-one days of trial.
Deposition Notice Requirements
SmartRules Deposition Notice guides cover the following requirements and more:
- Notice Requirements
- Specific Discovery and Evidence Deposition Requirements
- Allowed Deponents
- Audio-Visual Recording Requirements
- Subpoena Requirements
- Who May Take Depositions
- Penalties for Failure to Attend or Proceed
- Penalties for Failure to Serve Subpoena or Notice
- Depositions on Written Questions Requirements
- Notice of Filing Requirements
- Conduct Rules
- Duration Limits
- Motions to Terminate or Limit Examination
- Manner of Examination and Cross-Examination
- Record of Examination
- Videotaped and Remote Electronic Means Depositions
For authorities updated in real time, please see the SmartRules Guide for the litigation document you are drafting.