Local rules pertaining to civil litigation changed in California’s Central District federal court as of June 1, 2015. The amendments include rules involving electronic discovery, electronic filing, and habeas corpus petitions involving the death penalty. These rules include:
- 5-4.2(b)(1) Documents Excluded from Electronic Filing; Non-paper or Other Unusual Exhibits
- 5-4.2(b)(4) Documents Excluded from Electronic Filing; Records for Bankruptcy Appeals and Administrative Review Cases
- 5-4.3.1 Format of Electronically Filed Documents; Technical Requirements (File Format and Size Limitations)
- 83-17.3 Special Requirements for Habeas Corpus Petitions Involving the Death Penalty; Initial Filings and Petitions
- 83-17.7 Special Requirements for Habeas Corpus Petitions Involving the Death Penalty; Procedures for Considering the Petition
Keeping up with continually changing rules and their respective effective dates is complicated – SmartRules makes it easy to be sure you are always working with the correct and most up to date version of any rule, code, or statute.
For more information, visit SmartRules’ Central District of California civil litigation guides.
The redlined version of the rule amendments can be found on the court’s website.