Courts frequently change rules and requirements, sometimes without warning. Rely on SmartRules and our extensive network of court resources to keep you constantly informed of the latest rules and requirements.
Please note: The New York Uniform Rules have been updated since this blog was written. Please refer to the SmartRules guides for up-to-date information.
This introduction gives an overview of Responses to Requests for Production in the New York Supreme Courts. For a fully detailed treatment see, including local rules, on responses to requests for production in a specific New York Supreme Court, please see the SmartRules New York Supreme Court Response to Requests for Production guides for the court where your action is pending.
Responses to Requests for Production in New York Supreme Courts
State Reasons for Objections
- Notice Requirements
- Subpoena Duces Tecum Requirements
- Failure to Comply
- Actions Subject to Electronic Filing
- Discovery Requests and Responses
- Compliance with Discovery Orders
- Discovery Papers
- Fling and Service
- Organized Production of Documents
- Commercial Division Limitations on Depositions
Additionally, SmartRules guides cover specific discovery topics including:
- Commercial Division Responses and Objections
- Documents Withheld from Inspection
- Permitted Discovery
- Contents of Request
- Additional Notice for Subpoena Duces Tecum
- Motion to Compel Production
- Motion for Sanctions
Court requirements are very specific. Staying informed of these requirements is essential to meeting deadlines. Use SmartRules to ensure that you don’t lose a case because of a technicality.
Preview of Response to Request for Production Guide